Referral Banners

Friday 15 March 2013

Emenike faults NFF, Keshi for abandoning him


African Nations Cup star, Emmanuel Emenike has lashed out at Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi for using and dumping him after his long-term hamstring injury.
Emenike faults NFF, Keshi for abandoning him Emenike top scored for champions Nigeria at the Nations Cup in South Africa, but suffered a hamstring injury against Mali which has already sidelined him for about four weeks now.
He was therefore left out of next weekend’s World Cup qualifier at home against Kenya.
He told MTNFootball.com he is disgusted not to have received even a phone call from Keshi or any official from the Nigeria Football Federation since he rejoined his Russian club Spartak Moscow.
“I must be honest with you, I have not been treated well by the coach and the NFF because they ignored me so soon, so fast,” he lamented.
“Nobody from the NFF and the coach had called to ask me about my injury. I am bitter about this. It is unfair and I can tell you that is why some players don’t come to give their best for the national team.”
“When a player gets injured on national duty, I think the country’s football authority and coach ought to keep in touch to let him know he is loved and cared for.

“I am not a use-and-dump player. I will not act as one at all because my club career is very much important to me than anything.”
He added: “Look at a player like (Victor) Anichebe (Everton striker was injured while on national team duty last year), no one cared about him and you think he will come to national team to give his best.
“I am not worried about that but I just need to tell them it’s unfair. It is not everything that is money, but a call just to show you care could change someone’s problem at a particular time.”
Emenike told MTNFootball.com that this is in sharp contrast to his Russian club Spartak Moscow, who has done everything to get him back playing again.
“I must give kudos to my club for taking good care of me even though I didn’t get the injury while playing for them,” he said.
“I can’t wait to return to my best form. I feel like playing and banging in the goals for my club right now.
“I am happy with my rehabilitation and I will start joggling soon and I believe I will respond well because I have missed the game so much.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Referral Banners